Site progress during July includes:
- New path installed from the north door to Church Lane.
- The joinery for the new toilet ‘pod’ installed together with first fix electrics and plumbing.
- Toilet pod – internal plastering and painting completed.
- Bell ringing mechanism relocated.
- New floor laid at the west end of the church.
The project is running a little behind schedule so it is now planned that the first service to be held back in the Parish Church at 10.30am on Sunday 22nd September. The congregation is planning a grand spring clean on 16 and 17th September – volunteers for this task are encouraged to contact the Secretary.
We are grateful to the University of Cambridge, Department of Estate Management and Institute of Continuing Education and to the Garden Department at Madingley Hall for their continuing co-operation during the building programme.
|Architect||Ashley Courtney RIBA AABC|
|Main Contractor||R.J. Pinnock and Sons Limited|
|Archaeology||Dr Oscar Aldred MCIfA FSA Scot, Cambridge Archaeology Unit|
|Ecology||Chris Vine BSc (Hons), MCIEEM, MRSB|
|Organ Builder||Bishop and Son Organ Builders (Ipswich)|
|Arboricultural Consultant||liff Freed, Acacia Tree Surgery|
|Structural Engineering||Tyrone Bowen MEng CEng MIStructE, Cambridge Architectural Research Ltd|